That’s a lot of intermarket correlations to remember so let’s do a quick recap.
The price action of currencies is often driven by their relationship with commodities, bonds, and stock indices.
Here’s a neat one-page cheat sheet for you to bookmark and make it easy for you!
||During times of economic unrest, investors tend to dump the dollar in favor of gold. Unlike other assets, gold maintains its intrinsic value.|
||Australia is the third biggest gold producer in the world, sailing out about $5 billion worth a year.|
||New Zealand (rank 25) is also a large producer of gold.|
||Over 25% of Switzerland’s reserves are backed by gold. As gold prices go up, the pair moves down (CHF is bought).|
||Canada is the 5th largest producer of gold in the world. As gold price goes up, the pair tends to move down (CAD is bought).|
||Canada is one of the top oil producers in the world. It exports around 2 million barrels of oil a day to the U.S. As oil prices go up, the pair moves down.|
||Since both gold and euro are considered “anti-dollars,” if the price of gold goes up, EUR/USD may go up as well.|
||An economy that offers higher returns on its bonds attract more investments. This makes its local currency more attractive than that of another economy offering lower returns on its bonds.|
||The performance of the U.S. economy is closely tied with Japan.|
||Investors consider the yen as a safe-haven and tend to seek it during periods of economic distress.|
Open an Account with the World’s Best Forex Broker since 2007 !
What makes us great:
1. AU Regulated STP Forex Broker with True ECN Connectivity
2. Lowest Spreads on the market – from 0.0 Pips
3. Level II Pricing – Market Depth
4. Ultra Fast Order Execution
5. No Restrictions on Trading – Scalping Allowed
6. 90 Currencies & Metals + 15 CFDs
7. Leverage up to 1:500
8. All Major Account Currencies Supported
9. Flexible Funding and Withdrawal Options
10. Withdraws reflect in your bank account within 24h
11. FREE Trading Ideas (Professional Technical Analysis)